Arch To Arc 2010 - following us live!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday 7 June 2010

Run fatboy run. (by Kevan)

Good training week this week, Managed to do 120 lengths of the pool on Tuesday night, which is what I was doing before I had the shoulder operation. Shoulder was a little sore on Wednesday morning though

Wednesday night is running night. Managed a new personal best on my run from Brasted to Riverhead and back. 6 and a bit miles in 50 mins 15 seconds. If only I hadn’t stopped to tie my shoe laces twice, I would have beaten the 50 minute barrier.

Thursday night I was back in the pool, managed 100 lengths before I felt a funny sensation in my shoulder and thought I had better stop. It was a little annoying as I had planned to do another 120 but I’m not going to risk it in any circumstances.

Decided to take a break Friday so ran on Saturday morning instead, I needed to get another run in so, in the blazing heat, took to pounding the pavement again, a lot slower than Wednesday, really had to slog it out as my legs felt so heavy in the heat of the morning. If you see me running up and down the main road from Brasted to riverhead give me a cheering wave, The only encouragement I’ve had was from my children as they are ferried about, “run fatboy run” and “ lift those knees up lardie” from my two most loving daughters.

Polished off the week with an hour and a half cycling on Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment