Arch To Arc 2010 - following us live!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday 29 April 2010

Quiet your mind (by Sue)

Just read a great little pice in Tri magazine. This must have been written for me and I guess we can all do with some 'quieting of the mind' in our lives.

“Mental Chatter: You can practice this in every session. If you find yourself going through the mental chatter when the workout gets tough (it’s too long, I’m too tired…), just tell yourself to “shut up”. Silence your mind. Find that place inside that stops the thinking process, but is still aware. Be aware of the world around you; this takes your mind off you and helps you to be internally quiet. I practised this over and over. When races got tough and I started to sabotage my performance with negative thoughts, I would remember to “quiet my mind”. It may not happen immediately but it would happen. When I was quiet, suddenly hope would come back and my body would start working easier and the entire race dynamic would improve.”

No comments:

Post a Comment