Arch To Arc 2010 - following us live!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Sunday 25 April 2010

Training so far...(by Sue)

I've woken up to a beautiful sunny day, it's supposed to be a rest day for me but I really want to go running!!

So training is going brilliantly. I feel fit and strong. I'm eating well, drinking less and not smoking at all (finally kicked that habit).

Being the only girl on the team, I'm very determined not to be the weak link. So physically I'm good but mentally I'm scared of 'hitting that wall' as they say. On the Channel 5 crossing in 2006, I was the only team member who caved in. The only one who said "I'm not going in again" and I meant it with every fiber of my being.

Luckily we reached France and I didn't have to go in a fourth time! What if that happens again? The boys do seem to be made of more grit (don't tell them I said that) than me...or being male do they feel the same only don't say it?!

The first dip down in Dover is fast approaching. I'm kind of sacred, kind of excited. I'm telling myself I've done it before and I can do it again. It's only freezing cold water afterall!

I'm really looking forward to the team being back together, enduring the cold and most of the warm, half asleep drive home having survived. And then eating a massive lunch having burnt a zillion calories.

Really like to say a huge thank you to Ian for supporting me again through this new challenge which he does with a big positive attitude which we all love him for. We have been through the mill over the last couple of years, in our financial meltdown, the Sound Sanctuary not working out, moving house etc etc. I'm so glad he is part of the support team this time. When I hit the wall, he will be there to push me over it...

No comments:

Post a Comment