Arch To Arc 2010 - following us live!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Where do the hours go? (by Andy)

Training since January has been a challenge to fit in four hours a week around work, travel and refurbishing a house. The last six weeks have had a constant ache across shoulders from swimming or calves from running. The worst has been getting to Sunday lunchtime knowing there was still another discipline to complete before the end of day light.

As April comes to an end, is the end in sight? Not really. From training for the first Channel Swim the Open Water swim was a clear milestone when the training routine changed to be less often but longer (and colder). At the moment I know the water is 1 degree Celsius below the seasonal norm and its going to be Cold, and I know that each do three hours a week of the other disciplines on top of that as well. I am sure after my second swim the event date will seem with reach and some of the mental milestones will have been crossed.

To most sports training I would have been happy to have stripped off 10lb and dropped two belt sizes, but I know that for the Open water I need every ounce of extra padding that I can get so I have managed to eat a few more pastries !

No comments:

Post a Comment