Arch To Arc 2010 - following us live!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Back to normal? (by Kevan)

Back in the luxurious water of our local municipal swimming pool last night after Saturdays miserable swim. Wasn't particularly looking forward to it as the cold water from Dover had left me feeling pretty negative about swimming generally. But I knew I must go, I've still got a lot of catching up to do with the swimming training. I have set myself a target of two swims a week increasing the number of lengths I do each time. After last Thursdays 80 lengths, last night was to be 90 lengths (I'm not including the two hour long swims from Saturday in my plan as that just confuses my focus). So in I went go to about 60 and the shoulder started to give me a strange pulling sensation. One thing about long monotonous swims is that it give you loads of time to work whether you are doing yourself damage or doing yourself good by extending yourself. Anyway thought I would go for it and see what happens, and it was fine, in fact the stretchy feeling died away and it felt fine. The rest of the swim went really well, in fact I noticeable sped up. Got home feeling rather pleased with myself. And this morning, no bad consequence…... Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment