Arch To Arc 2010 - following us live!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday 14 May 2010

Routine training (by Kevan)

Now I'm back at work I begin to realise what an amazing drain it all is on my time. When you get home at 6 or 7 at night having been up since 5:30 the last thing you want to do is go out exercising. But, have settled into a sort of rhythm now with the training, Monday is and remains football night, not going to let the training get in the way of that, so training starts in earnest on a Tuesday with the Tuesday night swim, running on Wednesday, and another swim on Thursday because I need to catch up. Friday is my night off, a bag of Bombay mix and a couple of cold beers, luxury, I tend to really look forward to Fridays.
This Saturday will be swimming in Dover harbour all morning and I'll polish the week off with a run Sunday morning. Other than that my times my own!
And still I wont get a cycle ride in.
This weeks training has gone well to date, a couple of good runs for which the times seems to have settled at 54 minutes to do my 6 and a bit miles, which I suppose is good considering that when I first started this escapade I could barely manage 2 miles which took about 20 minutes and bent double wheezing which also took about 20 minutes. Also did a couple of swims, increasing the number of lengths I do each time so as not to overdo it on the shoulder so a 60 and a 70 this week. Shoulder holding up well.
Not looking forward to tomorrow in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment