Arch To Arc 2010 - following us live!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday 2 July 2010

Runner #4: Julian sets new record (by Julian)

Julian says: “Wasn’t looking forward to the second run having dehydrated myself totally on the first. But Jos’ pre-run massage put a bit of life into the old body and when Andy arrived, I stepped into my stride.

The route was all lanes now so I was wearing a florescent strip. The sun was slowly going down behind me, lighting up the countryside around with wonderful hues. Listening to a good Kent band (Keane – Hopes & Fears) whilst running along lanes between sheep on one side and young cornfields on the other, it was easy to see why Kent is the Garden of England.

My run was scheduled for “6 miles” but at 40 minutes, I passed The George…clearly a minor error in the measurements. But I was happy to pass by the others with a cry of “9 miles an hour…9 miles an hour”

4 comments:

  1. Come on Alex, your turn. Sun is down, cool and breezy. You can do it. Think of that swim. LOL. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. superb effort everyone. Thinking of you all as you head to Dover! Jess & Chris S-B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great timing, people...2 hours rest before the boat goes? Use it and enjoy it before you take the plunge...and keep warm. I have raised numerous glasses of wine to you all tonight. (hic)

    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! well done to all - i have just woken to visit your website to find the red spot on a page of blue (the sea)!!!!! brilliant progress thinking of you and sending you lots of strength love lara x x xx x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete