Arch To Arc 2010 - following us live!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday 3 July 2010

Swimmer #2 Julian has to push across the tides

Julian says: The tide was picking up pace and we were at risk of missing the calm and sands of Wissant bay and heading past Cap Blanc Nez. We had to get over the sand banks and into the shallows. But that meant building on what Andy had achieved and sprinting for an hour. We all cheered him on chanting "kick, pull, kick, pull" and then it was my turn.

Imagine this as my last proper cold water swim, I put everything into it. After 13 hours of running as a team and 13 hours of swimming, we were all shattered but I just went for it. Stroke rate as fast as I could, remembering what Mike at Sevenoaks TriClub told me about my stroke and pulling for France. An hour is a very long time to sprint when you are knackered. But we made it into the shallows and Alex could pull for France

No comments:

Post a Comment