Arch To Arc 2010 - following us live!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday 3 July 2010

Swimmer #5 Kevan takes over in the "pooll"

Kevan says: “I think because it is calm and relatively warm outside, you think the sea is going to be warm. Then when you dive in you find it is COLD and you lose all your coordination. It takes at least 5 minutes to get your rhythm with your head moving in the right timing with your stroke. You flounder. The waves seem to come at you from the wrong direction and you swallow some water.

Then you settle down but my goggles fogged up so I couldn’t see anyone on the boat and lost track of time. Reached the end of my hour and I didn’t realise. Then there is the usual pain of trying to warm through afterwards. Physically in a muscular sense, it feels okay but I am cold in my core. You tend to look back on last time and remember the highlights. I don’t remember the cold. This time I don’t feel so tired by I do feel the cold – we are all more fatigued having run here.

But won’t achieve the Yellow Bucket award – I haven’t been sick yet!”

2 comments:

  1. Hello from the Monday cubs. We are following your progress during our camp at Skips house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everybody, it was great to see you all yesterday, it was truly amazing to see all the effort you are putting into this. It was a great honour to be able to support you for just 6 hours of your epic journey. Have a great day today, hope the water isn't too cold!!
    Carolle xx

    ReplyDelete